Interested in getting LVLs but want to know a little bit more?
Here is a step by step of what happens during the treatment.
Cleanse and Prepare
- Firstly, you will have your lashes cleansed with eye makeup remover and cotton pads. The lashes are also cleaned with a Protein Remover Pad to ensure no oils or residue are present before the treatment.
- Under eye treatment pads are placed over the lower lashes. This is so no lower lashes get caught in the curling procedure.
- The lashes are pressed around a curled shield on your eyelids. This is so at the end of the procedure you get the perfect curl from the shape of the shield as well as the bonding formulas.
Bonding, Lifting and Volumising
- A light layer of bonding gel is applied to the shield before your technician presses the eyelashes back onto the bonding gel. This gently pulls each of your eyelashes backwards to stick them to the shield – forming the curve.
- With all of the lashes neatly bonded in place, your technician will now apply a lifting balm. The balm breaks down the disulphide bonds in the hair, that determines their shape. By breaking down the shape of the hair, this enables the technician to be able to change the structure and shape of the hair during a later application. The lifting gel is applied to the eyelashes near to, but not onto the wet line of the eye. This gel is left on the eyelashes between 10-14 minutes depending on the type of hair.
- Once the lifting gel is removed, a yellow volumizing fix is applied in the same way, this time to repair the disulphide bonds in the lashes, fixing them into place in the shape you want them. This is left on the lashes for 7 minutes.
- The final step in the process is the tinting process. Tinting the lashes gives them a greater depth of colour. The tint is left on between 3-5 minutes.
- By now the lashes will have taken shape of the curved shield and will be tinted. A mini brush to remove excess dye from the lashes and at this point a moisturising serum is applied ono the lashes. This is to ease the lashes away from the bonding gel on the shield as well as re-nourish them. Your technician will remove the shield from your eyelid and your perfect eyelashes will be revealed.
· Avoid contact with your lashes and water for 24 hours. They can also not be subjected to steam (cooker, shower or sauna etc) for 48 hours.
· Try not to rub your eyes or play with the shape.
· Don’t use eyelash curlers for 24 hours
· Avoid strong sunlight for 24 after tinting, to maintain the tint.