One of the easiest ways to start stimulating collagen production is to start exfoliating the skin. The reason being is that when your old dead skin cells are removed, it starts to produce more new skin cells (collagen).
Your skin naturally exfoliates itself which is called desquamating but as we age the collagen production decreases so we need other ways to stimulate this, from the age of 26 this is when it starts to happen, so to help you to keep youthful, with smoother, plumper looking skin there are many ways in which we can do this, so here are a few options:
- You can do this yourself at home, exfoliate weekly.
- Use the correct products for your skin type.
- Have a chemical peel, this will take off the outer layer of skin to help produce more collagen cells.
- Dermaplaning, this is a deeper exfoliation method, plus whilst taking the vellous hairs off your face it will allow more product to penetrate your skin as the hairs soak up quite a lot of product.
- Having a rejuvapen/dermaroller, this breaks the skin thus allowing us to apply hyaluronic acid which is very beneficial for anti-ageing treatments, also the treatment which allows us to break the skin, this helps the skin to heal itself and by doing so will produce more collagen cells making the skin over time become more smoother and supple.
- IPL Skin rejuvenation is another way of helping the production of collagen, the light causes collagen and blood vessels below the epidermis to constrict, reducing redness and wrinkles.